The BC Restaurant Hall of Fame awards were launched to pay tribute to individuals, past or present, which have shaped the vibrant culinary industry in British Columbia. In 2018, individuals will be inducted into the BC Restaurant Hall of Fame in six selection categories:
- Active Restaurateur Award — Celebrates the exceptional restaurateur who is currently active in the BC restaurant industry.
- Supplier Award — An individual who, through their work as a supplier partner, has consistently supported BC’s restaurant industry. This year, the award will have a special focus on BC brewers, winemakers or distillers that have raised the bar in local craft product and who showcase the best of the province in their offerings.
- Friend of the Industry Award — This special recognition award is presented from time to time to an individual who has made a significant contribution to the hospitality industry in British Columbia, such as media, educator or politician.
- Local Champion – An individual, retired, deceased or active who is or has been a leader in supporting local BC food and beverage throughout their career. The individual will be recognized for making their restaurant a special experience for customers because of the ingredients they select, the farmers they work with and the pride of place that is celebrated through their creations.
- Leading Employer – An active restaurateur who is a leader in increasing the visibility of, and the profile of, careers in restaurants. The individual will be recognized for creating a workplace that is welcoming, treats employees with the utmost respect and fosters an environment for recognition and growth in the workplace.
- The Industry Award – An individual – retired, deceased or active – who is or has been a chef, server, manager, bartender or marketer and who has demonstrated exceptional professionalism working in the restaurant industry. These individuals will be recognized for making their restaurant a special experience for customers. 2 awards.
All nominees must have attained a high level of excellence and brought honour to the British Columbia hospitality industry through ongoing dedication to the development of the hospitality industry in British Columbia. Candidates must exemplify good character and dedication,